How to get dependency properties to be generated?

Mar 4, 2010 at 9:13 PM

Nick,

Today's obviously my day for bugging you :)

What's the trick to getting the tool to generate dependency properties for parameters in the *.CS file? I'm trying to convert an existing shader project to use this tool. It's generating the .CS wrapper, but the only dependency property included is the ImplicitInputSampler, but none of my 8 constant registers parameters (C0-C7) are getting dependency properties declared. They are all of type "float" in the HLSL. What do I need to do to get dependency properties created (similar to the BlendColor parameter in the default sample shader)?

Thanks!

Coordinator
Mar 5, 2010 at 1:07 AM

There shouldn't be a trick.  Those should just show up as dependency properties, could be the parser is getting confused and ignoring those constants.

If you don't want to post your shader code here, would you mind sending me the contents of the fx file using the "Contact <user>" link on my profile page, http://www.codeplex.com/site/users/view/NickDarnell

Mar 5, 2010 at 1:33 AM

I just sent it to you via the contact page (in two parts because of message size limits). Thanks!

Coordinator
Mar 5, 2010 at 5:23 AM

Yeah, parser needs more work.  If you make them float1 's it will work.

Coordinator
Mar 6, 2010 at 1:41 AM

I rushed out a new version (1.6) with several fixes to the comment parsing code.  It had gotten pretty broken somewhere along the way.  I've added a test project to exercise the functionality so that I can prevent these oversights from now on.  You should now see your summary tags and register types correctly appearing, along with type overrides.